Event booking terms and conditions and cancellation policy
Effective from 27th May 2014. Please note these ‘Terms and Conditions’ may be subject to change without notice.
- For current event costs and dates, please refer to our website, http://www.espressoevents.co.uk/.
- Before booking onto the event, please ensure you have read the event programme and content, to ensure the event will meet your needs.
- If an event registration/booking form is completed by an individual other than the named delegate, it is the responsibility of the employer to ensure the delegate is authorised and able to attend the event on the employer’s behalf.
- Upon receipt of your registration/booking form and subsequent payment your place(s) will be confirmed.
- Important note: Espresso Event’s acceptance of your booking brings into existence a legally binding contract between us on these terms and conditions. Any term sought to be imposed by you in any purchase order or correspondence will not form part of the contract.
Invoicing and payment
- Delegate fees (including any card processing and/or booking fees applicable) are payable upon booking unless a valid, authorised Purchase Order is provided and accepted.
- For online bookings paid at the time of booking, invoices/receipts will be issued electronically from the booking website on completion of the booking.
- For bookings accepted with purchase orders, invoices will be sent via post to the name and address provided on the booking form and must be paid within 30 days of the invoice date or not later than 1 working day prior to the start of the event, whichever date occurs soonest (the “due date”).
- Payment must be made in pounds Sterling by Paypal, credit/debit card or BACS.
- If any amount properly due to Espresso Events under or in connection with these terms and conditions remains outstanding beyond the due date Espresso Events may:
a. charge interest on the overdue amount at the rate of 8% per annum above the base rate of Lloyds TSB Bank PLC from time to time (which interest will accrue daily until the date of actual payment, be compounded quarterly, and be payable on demand); or
b. claim interest and statutory compensation pursuant to the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998).
- Delegates will receive joining instructions via email to the email address provided on the booking form.
- It is the responsibility of the individual completing the event registration/booking form to ensure joining instructions are received by the delegate. Instructions will be sent via email to the email address provided on the booking form.
- If the joining instructions are not received, it is the responsibility of the individual who completed the event registration/booking form to contact Espresso Events to arrange for them to be reissued.
- Failure to attend the event will result in the full cost being incurred. No refund shall be given.
- Failure to attend an event at which a free or concessionary rate place was given may at Espresso Event’s sole discretion result in the delegate becoming ineligible for such places at future event(s).
- Espresso Events will send all correspondence primarily via email to the email provided on the booking form. If alternative details are received after the booking form has been submitted, they will supersede the original details and all future correspondence will be sent to the new address.
- It may be necessary, for reasons beyond the control of Espresso Events, to change the content and timing of the programme, the date, the venue or the speaker(s).
Cancellations and Amendments
- All requests for cancellations and/or transfers must be received in writing.
- Changes will become effective on the date of written confirmation being received.
- The appropriate cancellation charge will apply based on the cost of your booking (excluding any card processing fees and/or booking fees previously applied), as shown below.
Calendar days notice before the start date of the event
|21 calendar days or more||50% refund of basic attendance fee|
|20 calendar days or less||No refund will be given|
|Failure to attend||No refund will be given|
- For employer bookings only, in the event of a delegate named on the booking form being unable to attend, we will accept substitution of another delegate on the condition that written notification of the substitution has been received by us prior to the event date.
- In the event of there being insufficient numbers booked onto an event Espresso Events reserves the right to cancel or postpone the event.
- In the event of cancellation of an event by Espresso Events, we will endeavour to inform all delegates a week before the event is due to take place, although please be aware that this is not always possible. All event fees paid will be transferred in full to another Espresso Events event. Espresso Events shall not accept liability for any consequential loss and shall have no liability to reimburse any other costs that may have been incurred, including transport costs, accommodation etc.
- Organising and financing accommodation and travel are the responsibility of the delegate.
- Where food and refreshments are to be provided, this will be stated on the event details and the cost included in the price quoted. Any special dietary requirements need to be notified in writing to Espresso Events in advance of the event, as specified in the event details.
- Espresso Events shall not be liable to refund of fees or for any other penalty should the event be cancelled due to war, fire, strike lock-out, industrial action, tempest, accident, civil disturbance or any other cause whatsoever beyond their control.
- These terms and conditions, together with the current Espresso Events website prices, event details and Espresso Events contact details, set out the whole of our agreement relating to the event. These terms and conditions cannot be varied except in writing signed by a Director of Espresso Events. In particular, no terms and conditions incorporated within your purchase order and nothing said by any person on behalf of Espresso Events should be understood as a variation of these terms and conditions or as an authorised representation about the nature or quality of any goods offered for sale by Espresso Events. Espresso Events shall have no liability for any such representation being untrue or misleading.